Hands-On Prayer Plan: Family Time Activity
- Schedule a family time
- Gather items: Bible, paper, markers/crayons, scissors, and tape
Step One: Hands-In
Gather in a circle. Have everyone put their hands in the middle. Thank God for each hand, and ask Him to give you a great time together. Finish with a big “AMEN!”
Step Two: Hand Trace
Trace family member’s hands, and cut them out. Make at least five hands, plus one per person for bedrooms.
Step Three: Hands-On
Write a prayer and/or verse on the hand, and tape it where it is easily visible in each location of your home listed below. Use these hands as reminders to seek the Lord throughout your day and to pray for those in your home. Suggested prayers and verses are provided.
BEDROOM: Numbers 6:24-26, Exodus 33:14
- As you go to each family member’s room, thank God specifically for that person.
- “May the Lord bless and keep them.”
- “Guard and bless them as they sleep.”
- “Thank You for a warm/comfortable bed.”
- “We pray for those that do not have a home.”
DINING ROOM/KITCHEN: Matthew 6:11, Psalm 34:8, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
- “Bless our time together as a family.”
- “Fill our home with joy and laughter.”
- “We remember Your goodness as we prepare and eat the food You have provided.”
- “We pray for those who are hungry.”
BATHROOM: Ephesians 6:10-13, Psalm 139:14
- “Help us to put on the armor of God, that we would prayerfully prepare to honor You in all we say and do.”
- “As we wash our bodies and teeth, we thank You for washing away our sins as we trust You.”
- “We pray for those who do not have clean water.”
LIVING ROOM: Philippians 4:8, Colossians 3:12
- “We pray that our time together would honor You.”
- “Help us not to be distracted by our electronic devices.”
- “Give us wisdom in what we watch and how we spend our time.”
- “Thank You for the blessing of our family.”
- “We pray for those without a family.”
DOOR: Joshua 24:15, John 3:16-18
- “May all that enter/leave our home feel Your love, joy and peace.”
- “May we encourage and support each other.”
- “We ask for You to guide our steps and lead us in Your will.”
- “Even in conflict, may we disagree with grace and love.”
- "We pray for those that do not know You, that they may be drawn to You."
Praying for my child
Salvation and spiritual growth
God, draw _____ to love, trust and follow You as Lord and Savior. I pray that _____ recognizes Your voice and holds on to Your commandments and promises. Give _____ a desire and love to spend time with You in Your Word and prayer.
Purity and protection
Lord, guard _____'s eyes and ears. Help _____ to stay away from the things that are not pleasing to You. Protect my child's mind, body and soul. I pray _____ will know that You are there in all circumstances.
Integrity and character
God, I pray that You would help _____ to understand what is right and wrong. Give _____ the strength to do what is right, even when it is hard.
Humility and kindness
Father, help _____ to be humble. Keep _____ from rebellious thoughts, words and actions. Give my child a spirit of kindness toward others.
Lord, please give _____ the longing to obey with a happy heart. Help _____ to have a healthy respect for the adults who are in authority and a deep love and respect for You.
Gratitude and service
God, teach _____ to live a life that is overflowing with thankfulness. Give my child a heart that recognizes You are the Giver of all things. Ignite a passion in _____'s heart to love and serve You.