WEBS From Home
Below you will find complete lessons for the days that your child will miss WEBS (Wednesday Evening Bible Study).
March 25, Armor of God
Memory Verse: Ephesian 6:11
Read Ephesians 6:10-18.|
Discuss what each piece of armor stands for. If you would like to go more in-depth check out the information at: https://answersingenesis.org/kids/bible/the-armor-of-god/
- Helmet of Salvation: This protects our minds from the attacks of the enemy. As we learn more about salvation by studying the Bible, we begin to think more like Jesus. And the way we think influences the way we talk and act, so it’s important to guard our minds.
- Belt of Truth: The Lord wants us to be truthful inside and out. We are to tell the truth and speak truthfully with everyone.
- Breastplate of Righteousness: Righteousness means doing right in God’s sight. When we obey God’s commands in the Bible, we are acting righteously.
- Sandals of the Gospel of Peace: When we put on the shoes of the gospel of peace, we are preparing to tell others the good news that we can have peace with God through believing in Jesus.
- Shield of Faith: When we take up the shield of faith, we are firm in our beliefs about God based on His Word, and we can detect all the arrows our Enemy throws at us.
- Sword of the Spirit: The weapon we use to attack our enemy is the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, the Bible.
- Who wrote Ephesians 6:10-18?
- Why do we need to put on the Armor of God?
- Why is it important to read the Bible?
- Name each piece of armor.
Supplies needed: 2 oranges and a clear container of water
Place both oranges in the bowl with their 'armor' on. (keep the skin on the orange) Talk about how the oranges are floating or 'standing firm' in the water. Little by little, begin peeling away some of the 'armor' (skin) of one of the oranges. Have each portion you peel off represent a portion of his armor (this orange forgot his belt of truth). Place the orange back in the water and notice that it begins dipping further in the water than the orange still wearing all its armor. Continue peeling the orange, placing it back into the water after each piece, talking about how not having the pieces of armor might affect his day. Challenge your children to think purposely each day about putting on each piece of armor.
Shield of Faith Game: Write out different situations or temptations that Satan might use to tempt us to loose faith. Roll them up and put them in the end of nerf bullets. Then, create a 'Shield of Faith' and shoot the bullets at the shield to show how the shield will protect against Satan. When we have faith in Jesus Christ and God's plan for us, it protects us from temptations of the world. We are able to stand up for our beliefs and not be hurt by sin.
Create each piece of armor using materials around the house.
Sword of the Spirit from carrots and cucumbers.
Sandals of the Gospel of Peace, cookies & gummy worms.